Here is an idea of the average price of a restaurant meal:
- Breakfast = $7 to $25 (average $10)
- Lunch = $9 to $25 (average $14)
- Dinner = $12 to $50 (average $20)
* Including tax and tip.
Daily meal budget
If you eat all of your meals in restaurants, your daily food budget will look like this (depending on travel profile):
- Budget = $28 / day / person
- Moderate = $44 / day / person
- Luxury = $100 / day / person
How can you save?
You can make substantial savings if you avoid eating all your meals in restaurants. Instead, why not enjoy a quiet breakfast in your hotel room or a charming picnic lunch or dinner in a scenic location?
So stop at the grocery store or pay a visit to the local market to pick up a few meals. In addition, this will allow you to try local specialties that you might not otherwose discover!