Duration : 1 hour
Schedule : 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Season : Year-round
Departing : The gift shop
Between New Orleans and St. Francisville lies Houmas House Estate, one of the South’s oldest and most beautiful historic plantation estates. A few hundred years ago, wealthy sugar barons who made their fortune from growing sugar cane built spectacular mansions on their plantations. At the time, slaves did all the work for little recognition from their owners.
Today you will be torn between indignation at the working conditions, the impressive opulence of the estate, and the undeniable cultural influence.
A guide will show you around the mansion and reveal some of its secrets, after which you can spend all the time you like exploring the magnificent gardens. And maybe you will let yourself be tempted by the enticing menu of the Burnside Cafe...
|Season||Adult||13 to 17 yrs old||6 to 12 yrs old||0 to 5 yrs old|
2021/01/02 to 2021/12/24
2021/12/26 to 2021/12/31
|2022/01/01 to 2022/03/31||$26||$16||$11||$0|
* This plantation tour includes the mansion and gardens. You will have a guided tour of the mansion, followed by a self-guided tour of the gardens at your own pace.
* The first tour starts at 9:30 a.m.
* We suggest allowing about 3 hours to get a good look around and make the most of the tour.
* Wear comfortable shoes as the property is very large.
* The estate houses 2 restaurants and a cafe (reservations recommended for the restaurants) that serve fine Louisiana cuisine.
40136 Highway 942, Darrow, (LA)